ACMI Xcel Accelerator | About
Application for ACMIx Creative Tech Accelerator 2018 was not shortlisted for panel interview. A full copy of the application is available for review upon request.
10-week immersive business coaching program. It includes significant 1:1 coaching and mentoring as well as structured training in order to help creative practitioners scale up quickly. At the conclusion of the Accelerator, participants will pitch to investor networks in a demo event at ACMI. The successful pitch will go onto be showcased at ACMI. The Accelerator ran February 19 – April 16 2018.
Who are ACMIx looking for?
Open to makers of creative technology and creative products that have a connection with the moving image, including:
- Virtual reality
- Augmented reality
- Digital media
- New media art
- Wearable technology
- Music technology
- 3D printing
- The Internet of things
Application Extract | details correct as at Dec 2017
Why are you interested in applying?
- ACMIx resident member, based at ACMIx 2017
- Extensive experience as creative industries professional and early emerging-career producer, writer and collaborator bringing to life the vision of creatives such as producers, writers, directors as well as clients
- attended American Film Market 2017 and SCREEN FOREVER 2017, Screen Producers Australia annual conference
- Producer: LEATHERDADDY, A Fistful of Scripts [season 7] (ACMI, cinema 1)
- mentored by Stephen Luby, Ruby Entertainment (current – ACMIx partner and VCA Masters of Producing lecturer)
- member: Screen Producers Association, AWG, MEAA, Indie Crew
What are you hoping to achieve from the program?
- Accelerate into and achieve sustainable income stream from film production, content production, sales and distribution
- Enterprise/equity/startup investor space – relationships and pitch material | establish, curate, nuture and build stakeholder relationships:
- pitching for funding body/equity investments into content production for film and audio content spaces
- Continue business development activities, mentoring and stakeholder relationships – objective: building content into diversified product offerings.
- Bridge ‘professional gap’ into becoming accredited producer applicant for Screen Aust & Film Victoria film production and post-production funding
Your Elevator Pitch
Callumny Films. Storytelling – with a commericial outlook.
Creative industries production house Callumny Films is a niche producer of storytelling for world cinema. We produce diverse and diversified content for global audiences through Australian and international co-productions.
Our content bridges cultures and borders through stories. We connect with our audiences through common themes of the human experience. Our storytelling employs universal themes that reach out to engage global audiences.
a. What is your business?
Content creation / production – filmmaking, podcasts, script development incubator, audience engagement
Wise Words Media | creative industries production house
Brings to life the vision of creatives such as writers, directors and producers as well as clients. Our production vehicles are:
What is the development status of your idea?
- filmmaking – launched
- podcasts – early development stage
- script development incubator – launched
The application for ACMIx Creative Tech Accelerator 2018 was not shortlisted for panel interview. A copy of the application is available for review upon request.